|
The Writer
Siti Nurul Ain.
A writer; a once upon a time dream.
A teacher; a searching love. A walking blank paper.
|
Friday, May 27, 2011, 11:25:00 PM
still searching
 I think orange is the most straight up fruit. It's an orange, and it's orange in colour. Very straight forward. No hidden meanings whatsoever. A blueberry however, is a strange fruit. It's a confusing colour of black, purplish-blue and dark blue. Whichever you want to be, is up to you. Just to get the records straight, as a fruit, literally, orange is not my favourite. Except those small Mandarin oranges, but other than that; orange juice, orange cake, orange whatever - is a no-no.
Reasons for not leaving: 1. Looking forward to the next batch of attachment students, though there might not be any attached to my centre. 2. Learn all the basics there; paperwork, routine, communication, all the official shananigans. 3. Children need consistency.
I might not be the best teacher in the world, but I'm working on it. Not to be the best teacher, but to be a teacher who loves and care for the children with a whole lot of passion. Trying not to get discouraged with the lack of speech. And that's where consistency comes in. I have to keep talking and talking and talking until one fine day, when the birds are chirping, the wind is blowing softly, the leaves are falling, and the children decide that yes, I will talk today. And that won't be an accomplishment just for me, but for them as well.
Until that day comes, I WILL hold on. Keep holding on, Ain. Keep holding on.
|